{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Friday, February 10, 2012

Five-Minute Friday: How to Trust When You're Ready for Battle


Trust

This boy… this boy who I've written about, the one you've prayed for, and how our hearts entangle and he is mine even though he isn't… he's lost in the world about now, in need of a set of arms to claim him, a name on a case load, a blond-haired kid in a sea of them.  And I am on the other side of a state line, arms opened and screaming to be heard, fighting for this child who everyone's forgotten to fight for.

I have left messages and scrawled out frantic e-mails, I have come farther by the grace of God in this man-hunt…this teenage-boy-hunt… than I thought I would.  I have names, I have phone numbers, I have laws and code numbers and certifications to back my fight, and I am ready for battle

But now, Friday afternoon and the sun going dark in his time zone, there is nothing to do but wait.

And trust.

Because it is not my battle.  It is His.

Because no one fights for the blond-haired boy like the one who he belongs to -- The Daddy that does not die and does not leave and does not kick him to the curb.   

And I wonder.

If this is a culmination of everything that hasn't made sense for all these years.  If God has been prepping me for such a time as this. 

I do not fight with swords, I fight with words and research and a love that's stronger than state lines

I fight for love with love.

And I see the swirl of this whole wide life and all the rusty weapons I've collected without even meaning to, the way He equips.  The way He is orchestrating this.  The way He makes me trust in the darkest middle of uncertainty, and the way I can, which surprises me.  The way having no control at all will make you trust in ways you never thought you could. 

I fight for love with love.






Pray with me, please, for my boy, for the one whom I'm trusting God to provide for, for the one I'm fighting the system to reunite with, for the one I'm asking God for the privilege to care for again.  Pray that He is in the right hands, that this all unfolds the best way. 

7 comments:

  1. I will pray for him right now.  That place where we've done everything we can possibly physically do and we just have to relinquish control and let it go is so very, very hard...  Praying and standing with you in the battle.

    http://digtoesin.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a beautiful battling story! 
    "Because no one fights for the blond-haired boy like the one who he belongs to -- The Daddy that does not die and does not leave and does not kick him to the curb. "Amen, Amen, Amen! "I do not fight with swords, I fight with words and research and a love that's stronger than state lines. "What sweet, honey-dripping words of love. Sister, I admire you already. And I don't even know this full story. But keep trusting in the warrior who fought to the death for us all. Thank you for sharing your heart and your battle today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying right alongside you. God can and WILL bring good, even from this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am praying God brings him back to your family sooner than later, claiming the promise that nothing is impossible to our God, not even navigating the broken foster care system.  (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your post on incourage from last year tonight, and you talked about a blond haired boy there...I was wondering if it was the same one....God has a way, a plan...a beautiful, sometime heart-breaking story, doesn't he?

    http://www.incourage.me/2011/04/the-orphans-inheritance.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart for him is beautiful...praying for you and for him that God will open up a way somehow for you to be reunited with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so touched by your words and your heart, Cara.  

    So glad I happened upon your blog today.  I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.