{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Friday, April 1, 2011

Real-Life Mother Hubbard, Sans Shoe

Ernest Hemingway could tell a story, in six words:

"For Sale. Baby Shoes. Never Worn."

I'm challenged to do the same, in hopes of winning a scholarship to the She Speaks 2011 conference.  I am a woman of many words, but six well-placed ones?  Tell a story, elicit emotion... with just six?

Oh, there are just so many options.  I could tell innumerable stories in six words, but... which to tell?  My story?  Let's see.  Any of these would suffice:

- She didn't sign up for this. 
- A one-woman Marco Polo game
- Real-life Mother Hubbard, sans shoe.
- Need me?  I'll be folding laundry.
- Broken. Divorced. Abandoned. Emptied. Sanctified. Redeemed.
- A River in a Paper Cup
- Learning to love a Divine assignment.
- Inspired to count gifts, discover joy.
 
 
Or how about...

-Ten kids.  Little sleep.  Send help.
-or-
- Kids need to eat every day?

I kid, I kid.

On a serious note, how about...

She bowed lower and thusly... soared.

Check out the other entries, or tell your own here at the She Reads blog

Tell me, what's your six-word story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.