{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MIA

Hi!  (waves enthusiastically)  Nice to see you again!

I've been MIA for a bit... lots happening around here and my attentions have necessarily been focused elsewhere for awhile.  Such is the life in residential group care.  It's been quite a week -- teenagers sneaking out, cheating on tests, assaulting other kids, injuries, messes, and all the usual chaos.  We had a new boy move in, which always changes up the dynamic in the house for a bit, so bear with me while I get my feet steady again and find some time for blogging and creating new treasures!

(That's me, up there.  Except I haven't found the time to dress quite so cute.)


We'll have a few much needed days off beginning Thursday, then we leave on the 4th for 11 days in Oregon.  It will be so nice to be back "home" and have time with family and friends.  I am quite literally counting the days and hours until we make our great escape.  It's nice to have this to look forward to, for sure.  Mr. Smitten is already worried about how he'll get me back on the plane home!  I told him to tuck a picture of our boys in his pocket.  As much as I'll want to crawl in a hole and stay in Oregon, I know that many days away from our kids in care will begin to tear at my heart.  In any case, forgive me if I'm sparse around here for the next little bit.  Lots going on.

I've been writing a lot and still making creative time whenever possible, its just not as frequent, and finding the time to take photos and post has been hard.  Don't give up on me, though... I'll be back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.