{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

And Now...For Something Different. A WhimsySmitten Home Tour

When I started this blog a few years ago, I did so as a place to document and share my crafty/decorative projects. We were living on a 300-acre ranch back then, last updated in 1974, and a great deal of my creative energy was being spent in making avocado shag carpet and harvest gold countertops look like we wanted them there, while working with a budget of basically nothing. I was also making a little cash by repurposing old furniture and hosting a booth at a crafty retail store.

As my circumstances changed, I let this place morph along with them and began to unfold the work of my heart into these posts, and not just the work of my hands. It became a refuge for words and thoughts as I worked out in print all the things God was doing, and this it still is and still shall be.

Every once in awhile, though, I get the itch to return to my roots, so to speak. We moved into a new place this past December and in January declared 2012 my year of Home. That has turned out to mean something entirely different than I had imagined when I embarked on that journey, but we're rolling with the punches. Despite the total chaos of the recent days, what with the two new babies, friends in from out of state, getting a new (to me) car, and signing a book contract, my house is sorta clean every so often, and I have to capture those moments for prosperity.

Without further ado, here's a taste of something different -- a WhimsySmitten home tour, Instagram style.

Welcome.


Kitchen


Dining Room


Living Room 1


Living Room 2


Living Room 3


Girls' Room


Boys' Room 1


Boys' Room 2


Master Bedroom


Office


It's not the well-crafted home tour with great photography that I'd intended, but it's the quick and easy way to show you my home in the midst of mi vida loca. Hope you enjoyed it! Now, when you comin' over for a visit?  


7 comments:

  1. Tara_pohlkottepressJuly 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

    so love that office!! you have done SUCH a good job making a home. beautiful. just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, love this, Cara! Yes, I want to come on over, please. :) I love, love, love your desk . . and where you have that mirror! Love knowing where you write. :) Thanks for sharing all this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, it's all that so clearly spells out FAMILY. It's a home that obviously has a bunch of heart. It's a home that reflects the heart of the mama. It's a home that spells out LOVE as well. And Cara, thank you for swinging by my place in the middle of one of the biggest struggles of my life. Every day is still a struggle to resist falling again down the rabbit hole. It has cost me so much already and continues to exact a toll – but I trudge forward – feet through heavy snow – following my light. I’ve barely been able to write posts, much less read blogs I heart. Little bits of me are returning piece by piece – and that you were there through it – that means the world to me. anyway, thank you for that, thank you for this today, and God bless and keep you and each and every one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so good to see you come from one space to the next and finally you guys are home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I think the instagram style works well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love virtual tours! I too love using old things in new ways--evidenced by all the old windows on my walls. You have a beautiful home:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun, Cara! I missed this when you posted it, but I love, love, love your pictures, and your warm, fun space. You have such style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.