{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On Choosing Not to Love

I was at the drug store yesterday, in line for a prescription, and a woman in a purple jacket melted down…. just… went to pieces right there in the prescription line.
“I can’t DO THIS ANYMORE!”
She screamed at the stunned cashier, who blinked quickly while everyone stood there staring, watching Purple Jacket Lady hurtle her backpack into a shelf full of laxatives and antihistamines.
“I can’t wait for OVER AN HOUR HERE ANYMORE!”
She screamed guttural and clawed at her blotching cheeks.
“I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS! I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS WITH YOU PEOPLE ANYMORE!”
...Read the rest here.

Today? I'm honored to be featured over at BibleDude.net.  Join me there, will you?

(Also, linking this to Walk with Him Wednesdays at Ann's place, on the topic:  The Practice of Love.)

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I loved this post... Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an incredible post.   I'm haunted by purple jacket lady (and my first thought was, "oh purple jacket lady...  Me too...  Me too..." yet, I am sure I would have failed at knowing how to love her or choosing to act in that moment too.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.