{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Monday, January 24, 2011

S-E-W Cute!

I started my self-challenge (see previous post) off on a good note, by making these wall letters to hang in my laundry/sewing room.  I wanted the individual letters but they were too spendy since my laundry room is supposed to be a $0 makeover.

Super easy project, which could have been even easier.  I just used some thin canvas boards that I had on hand, (which I think you can buy for under $1 a piece) and printed the letters out on regular paper.  I then used an X-acto knife to cut out the letters, trace them onto the boards, then filled them in with Sharpie and freehanded the "stitching" around the letters with a yellow-orange permanent marker.  It would have been even easier using the Cricut for the stencils or even using vinyl (which I plan to do for a matching set that says "WASH" for the laundry area, just to speed it up a tad).  Then I stuck some sticky tabs to the back to hang, and voila!  Cute!

1 comment:

  1. I'm here, in all my voyeuristic glory. Forgive me if I don't comment much...sometimes it takes me half the day to finish reading even the shortest blog, magazine article, or email. Missing you, and relating even more than ever with the "I live and work in the same small area, every day, all day" song that you're singing! But your creativity inspires me (as always), so keep writing! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.