{Site currently under construction. Grace for my mess?}

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Remember me? No? Me either.

It's been awhile.  Hello again!

We're digging in our heels at our new home/vocation/ministry and are fully in the grip of it now.  If any of y'all need a refresher, our family moved across country several months ago to come work at a children's home, and we really hit the ground running when we got here.  I haven't had one minute to even *think* about blogging, but I've missed all those I used to follow, so after a particularly insane week, I've managed to steal a few hours of peace to catch up a bit.  Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking -- I'm just doing it with 10 kids now instead of 3.  :)

Yes, I said 10 kids.

Whew. 

Really?  It's been awesome.  And horrible.  And every single day I think I'm going to throw in the towel.  And every single day I think I could do this for the rest of my life.  So... it's been a whirlwind, exhausting journey thus far.  And we've only just begun... (cue the music).  It's an absolutely incredible place to be with maybe the best group of people I've ever had or will have the pleasure of working with in my life, which is really the only way I get through the days.  The support here is incredible, and the kids are.... ah, I can't think of a single word to say it all.  Incredible.  Exhausting.  Troubled.  Lovely.  Kind.  Beautiful.  Broken.  Perfect.

The holidays are, of course, upon us, which means bad things in a place like this.  Emotional upheaval, acting out, ups and downs, and all that.  I'm bracing myself, but secretly still looking forward to the approaching season, 85 degree weather not withstanding.

Anyway, glad to see my little slice of the Internet is still here.  Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you guys were up to this! How amazing and exciting. We want to hear more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back blogging! I, and I'm sure many others, have missed you. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you guys were up to this! How amazing and exciting. We want to hear more... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.